I started roughing out this moving parts piece, attempting it first in paper because I am known for jumping the gun and having to redo everything 57 thousand times because of it. Still working the bugs out on the movement but he's getting there. My goal is to build it from MDF and wood with exposed gears and a fun surprise inside.
Here are my (very) roughed on origami geodes backlit for a lamp project I am working on. I don't know why I've decided to take on such a meticulous frustrating process but it seems to be coming together finally. My plan is for this to be a 3D inset and lit piece that fits into the belly of a baby deer (painting). I want it to look as much like a geode growing inside of her as possible. Only time will tell if I can actually pull this off without having to move on to plan B.